CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are investigating after they said someone fired dozens of shots into a southwest Charlotte home early Wednesday morning.
Officers were called before 7 a.m. to the scene on Chapeclane Road, near Shopton Road West in the Steele Creek area.
Detectives said they've found roughly 50 shell casings scattered around the ground and Channel 9 crews could see dozens of evidence markers in the road.
Police said nobody was hit by the gunfire.
Officers were still trying to determine if the home was targeted.
No suspect or vehicle information has been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Approximately 50 shots fired into Steele Creek home, cars, police say
- President Trump responds to local boy trying to help father get new kidney
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Students on bus witnessed Olympic HS sophomore hit, killed by SUV
- 12-year-old boy shot inside bedroom of east Charlotte apartment
© 2019 Cox Media Group.