CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Charlotte worship pastor who lost both his sons in a crash earlier this year spoke about the aftermath during service Sunday morning.
“Then, after praying over him and loving on him and dedicating him to the Lord … we let him go be with his brother Dobbs in heaven,” Gentry said to his congregation.
Gentry said even in his devastation and grief, God was there to rebuild his life.
In May, Matthew Deans slammed into the family's vehicles near Wilmington. Two-year-old Dobbs Eddings died instantly. Gentry’s wife, Hadley, was 37 weeks pregnant at the time.
Reed died after an emergency C-section.
Deans pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter. He's serving a 27- to 32-month sentence.
Read our past coverage:
- Driver pleads guilty in deaths of Charlotte pastor's 2 children
- Man charged in death of Charlotte pastor's 2 children chastised by judge
- More than 700 luminaries lit to honor 2 boys killed in crash
- Service held for toddler, newborn killed in weekend crash
- Driver faces more charges in death of toddler, newborn
- Community supports family after toddler, baby killed in crash
- Area toddler killed after truck hits pregnant mom’s vehicle