TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY, N.C. - Friends and family said their final goodbyes to a Charlotte teen who fell and died at Rainbow Falls this week.
The funeral for 16-year-old H'money Siu was held Saturday morning at Covenant United Methodist Church.
Officials said Siu and her 11-year old sister were at the top of the falls in Transylvania County Wednesday when they both fell.
Family members rescued her sister.
Katie Hall with North Carolina State Parks said Siu went over Rainbow Falls in the Pisgah National Forest around noon Wednesday, falling 150 feet.
"This water is very dangerous," West said. "You need to look at waterfalls from the bottom. You’re not gonna look at it from the top. When you go up over the top, you’re done."
This was the second incident at Rainbow Falls in two weeks. Authorities said John Shaffer, of Charleston, South Carolina, died on June 23 after jumping into the water trying to save his dog. He was carried over the falls.
"This makes number three in this county already this year," said West. "As I've said in the past, this is wearing thin on my patience. It seems like I'm up here every week for a waterfalls accident."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Man killed, another lost part of hand in Cheraw fireworks mishap
- Charlotte teen dead in Fourth of July accident at Rainbow Falls
- Dozens of firefighters battle raging house fire in Mooresville
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Thursday forecast outlook
- Memorial set for Rowan County volunteer firefighter killed in crash
© 2019 Cox Media Group.