CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said it's charged a man with murder months after a deadly shooting outside a popular lounge in south Charlotte.
Police said Marquis Smith turned himself in at the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office on Friday.
He is charged with the murder of Jermaine Stuckey on Conlan Circle back in September.
When officers arrived on scene, they found a male victim suffering from an apparent gunshot wound in a parking lot near Blue Olive Lounge.
MEDIC pronounced Stuckey dead at the scene.
A manager at a nearby business told Channel 9 incidents like this are becoming a lot more concerning for the Ballantyne area.
"We worry about it just a little bit because we try to be safe, but now, we don't know what's going to happen around here," Osblado Pelaze said.
Police said Smith was served the murder warrant after being processed at the jail’s intake center.
They’re still asking anyone with information to call (704) 432-TIPS and speak directly to a homicide unit detective.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMS: Student shot after getting off school bus in west Charlotte
- Catawba County family wins $100K prize on 'America's Funniest Home Videos'
- CMPD investigating after man critically injured during shootout in northeast Charlotte
- FORECAST: Temperatures dip in Charlotte, but sunny skies remain to start workweek
- Dog returned to NC family after being stolen, disguised for nearly 4 years
© 2019 Cox Media Group.