CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police have arrested a suspect after a woman was found dead in a home in northwest Charlotte earlier this month.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have charged 32-year-old Samantha Williams with the murder of 51-year-old Lillie Mae Stewart. Williams was also charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Police responded to the home on Fagan Way, which is off of Capps Hill Mine Road, on Sept. 19.
Authorities said Stewart died at the home from traumatic injuries.
Williams and the victim knew each other, police said. An argument inside the home broke out, which lead to the deadly encounter.
“We did have a report of approximately three gunshots that were heard, but I can’t comment on the nature of the injuries sustained by the victim,” CMPD Maj. Ryan Butler said.
This is the city’s 77th homicide of 2019.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Man taken into custody after SWAT situation at home in Catawba County
- Innocent bystander on sidewalk hit by flipped-over vehicle during domestic dispute
- Man with concealed-carry holds suspect, accused of crashing into cars, at bay
- FORECAST: Preview of fall continues with cooler temps and sunshine
- Charlotte woman demands money back after saying vacation went bad
© 2019 Cox Media Group.