GREENVILLE, S.C. — A South Carolina man has been arrested after a woman who rented an apartment from him using Airbnb found a hidden camera.
Media outlets reported that Greenville police arrested 35-year-old Cesar Adan Mendez Fuentes late last week and charged him with voyeurism.
A 26-year-old woman from Calhoun, Georgia, reported finding a hidden camera in an alarm clock in the bedroom. Police Sgt. Johnathan Bragg said the woman was trying working on the alarm and realized there was not an on-off switch.
No attorney was listed for Fuentes in Greenville County records.
Airbnb issued a statement saying cameras are never allowed in the bathrooms and bedrooms that members of its community offer for rent. the person involved has been banned permanently from participation in its community.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Troopers: Deadly Gaston County crash caused by driver who fell asleep
- 9 investigates transparency at 12 largest Charlotte area churches
- Former officer serving time tried to mail teen he impregnated, family says
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Mark Wahlberg's burger restaurant 'Wahlburgers' to open in Charlotte
- Judge sentences Morganton mother in 3-year-old son's freezing death