CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police said they think a medical condition led to a fatal crash early Friday in west Charlotte.
Officers had to shut down Camp Greene Street near Freedom Drive after the driver was killed in the crash, which happened before 6 a.m.
Channel 9 crews on the scene could see officers surrounding the crashed sedan.
Police told Channel 9 the car crashed into a fence and that the driver was pronounced dead at the scene. A preliminary investigation showed that the driver, whose name has not been released, suffered a medical condition before the crash.
No other cars were involved in the wreck.
The driver's name has not been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Teenage boy stabbed while jogging on trail in Weddington, sheriff says
- 'It's embarrassing': Bucs use goal-line stand to beat Panthers 20-14
- CMPD: Driver killed in west Charlotte crash may have had medical condition
- Man hit, killed by SUV in west Charlotte; roadway closed
- MUST SEE: Bystanders rescue woman from raging north Charlotte house fire
© 2019 Cox Media Group.