CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. - Drivers encountered delays in Catawba County along Interstate 40 near West 1st Street as officials investigated a fatal crash.
Emergency crews were called to the ramp at Exit 130 around 12:20 p.m. Thursday.
Fire officials said a vehicle ran into a pole and a patient was trapped inside. They said one person was killed. The victim’s name hasn’t been released.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol will be the lead agency investigating the crash.
All lanes are now open.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: 14-year-old shoots another 14-year-old inside east Charlotte home
- Missing Lincoln County woman last seen leaving with man
- Deputy bitten while responding to vicious pit bull attack in Union County, officials say
- FORECAST: Heavy rain, drastic warm-up lingers throughout day
- NCSBE could dissolve before resolving District 9 election fraud investigation
© 2019 Cox Media Group.