LINCOLN COUNTY, N.C. - Deputies say a man reported missing is now a suspect in a crime in Lincoln County.
Investigators say 33-year-old Justin Wayne Anthony, of Lincolnton, had outstanding orders for his arrest for failing to appear in court on a charge of driving while his license was revoked.
Deputies said Anthony ran from a residence on Rhyne Reep Road when he heard paramedics were coming to check on him after a fall.
Officials said they received a report that Anthony was seen at a retail business before they reviewed security video.
Emergency responders were called to the 1500 block of J. Rhyne Reep Road in Vale around 11 p.m. Sunday after paramedics were called to check him for a possible injury due to a fall.
Deputies said they searched the area and could not locate Anthony. They also searched a nearby area Monday.
Officials said after interviewing Anthony's girlfriend, she admitted he ran away because of the outstanding warrants for his arrest.
Anthony is described as white, 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighing around 145 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
Anyone with information on Anthony’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office at 704-732-9050.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Desperate search underway for missing Rowan County man with dementia
- CMPD checkpoint location leads to fiery debate at City Council meeting
- 'It really touched my heart': NC boys stop to honor American flag
- FORECAST: Heavy downpours, gusty winds ahead of brief dry stretch
- Father says he recorded social worker proposing to clear case if they dated
© 2019 Cox Media Group.