MORGANTON, N.C. - People in the Morganton are being told to take a close look at their cash.
Public safety officers said bogus bills are turning up in the area that are actually “prop money” used in the movie industry.
Officers have received reports of several cases in Morganton.
Authorities said you should look closely at the bill and you can see it says “Motion Picture Use Only” written on it.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Kannapolis police arrest man in connection with death of 17-day-old baby
- Police: Toddler badly hurt after ambulance hit by drunk driver dies
- After 20 years, woman admits to kidnapping baby, raising her in SC
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- Feds: Military impersonator in NC used helicopter to impress woman
© 2018 Cox Media Group.