ASHEVILLE, N.C. - When a suspect broke into a photographer’s car, the gear he stole was not the most valuable item he took.
The photographer said inside the stolen camera was a memory card holding videos and pictures from an Asheville couple’s wedding. It contains photos showing Curry and Maddie Shoff tying the knot last month.
Unfortunately, these pictures are all they have to remember that day.
Their photographer, Will Brank, said he feels terrible.
He told Channel 9 he doesn’t care as much about getting his camera back. He just wants the couple to have the moments back from their special day.
"The first look between the father and the bride. The kiss during the ceremony, just all the highlights people have enjoyed from their weddings," said Brank.
This week, Brank posted a plea on Facebook, hoping the suspects would see it and return the card.
The groom said he hopes whoever is behind this has a heart.
"You just hope that maybe someone would open it up and see that, 'Oh, there are wedding photos and video in there.' Maybe they'll have a change of heart and drop it off somewhere. No questions asked,” said Curry Shoff.
Brank said he’s willing to compensate the mother of the bride, who paid for his services. She was extremely gracious and told him that’s not necessary.
They told Channel 9 that everyone involved is just focused on getting the video back.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pair arrested for squatting in Davidson home accused of squatting in Charlotte house
- Dirty dishes, roaches among more than a dozen violations reported at popular uptown restaurant
- 16-year-old charged in Huntersville head-on crash that killed woman, 2 dogs
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Friday forecast outlook
- 'It's what we prayed for': Jayme Closs' relatives relieved after Wisconsin teen found safe
© 2019 Cox Media Group.