CHARLOTTE — A father was charged with the murder of his 5-month-old son, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said Tuesday in a news release.
The infant was admitted into Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital on Jan. 14. He had signs of abusive head trauma, police said.
An investigation began and on Jan. 17, medical professionals said the boy would not survive. CMPD’s Homicide Unit joined the investigation.
The boy died on Jan. 22.
Police charged his father, Quandeel Taylor, 24, with murder. Taylor is in police custody.
No other details have been released and police are still investigating.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new “Follow the Lead” feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hundreds stand in cold, rain to apply for affordable housing at new development
- Charlotte airport worker’s parents demand justice, call his death ‘preventable’
- Plans to relieve congestion on Independence Boulevard include optional toll lanes
- FORECAST: On again, off again rain pattern continues with sunny skies Tuesday
- NTSB: No black box on Bryant’s helicopter
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group