CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. - Authorities in Caldwell County said an explosion early Tuesday knocked a home off its foundation in Granite Falls.
In images sent to Channel 9 from a viewer, the walls of the home on Baton Church Road off Connelly Springs Road are bowed out.
The explosion happened around 6:15 a.m., but nobody was hurt.
Neighbors said the house has sat vacant for nearly a year.
Firefighters believe propane leaked into the home, causing the explosion.
The incident is under investigation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I felt something grab my leg': Teen surfer bitten by shark at Ocean Isle Beach
- NC park officials issue warning about 'zombie snake' that can play dead
- Crews rescue teenager stranded on South Fork River island
- FORECAST: Humidity drops as we dry out after 4 straight days of rain
- Grandmother of SC dad who killed his 5 kids asks to spare his life
© 2019 Cox Media Group.