ASHEVILLE, N.C. — A Florida man has donated five undeveloped home sites that will add to the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports the 21-acre property known as Woodfin Creek Headwaters was donated to the Conservation Trust for North Carolina.
Rusty Painter of the trust says the group will donate the property to the National Park Service, along with 25 acres in Jackson County.
Florida resident John J. Scelfo donated the property. He and a business partner own a 182-acre development in Asheville.
Scelfo says the land seemed so appropriate for conservation that the development plans quickly changed.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 children, mother dead in double homicide-suicide, police say
- Man shot, killed in officer-involved shooting in Huntersville
- Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock's girlfriend said her fingerprints would likely be on ammo
- Pedestrian dies after stuck, pinned under light rail train in Charlotte
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Sunday forecast outlook
- Police investigate man's claim wife died during trip to Graceland