>> WATCH BELOW: Your latest forecast update from Severe Weather Center 9
- Rainy weather continues to slowly creep toward the Charlotte area Friday morning.
- Showers will be light and isolated, mostly farther west this morning -- the morning drive should remain dry for most.
- The wet weather will pick up toward midday and the rain will be with us throughout the afternoon and evening.
- There is a small risk for wintry weather in the mountains, but temperatures are marginal so impacts should be low.
- The high temperature for the day actually happened at midnight (in the 50s) and will drop into the lower 40s by the afternoon as the rain picks up.
- The weekend continues to look drier and warmer, with highs back into the 60s on Saturday and 70s on Sunday.
- The possibility of showers will continue through the beginning of next week.
>> Submit weather pictures in your neighborhood below.
© 2021 Cox Media Group