CHARLOTTE, N.C. - El Thrifty Social Charlotte will dish up authentic Mexican fare and entertainment options at Optimist Hall.
Reid Olsen and Joe Lariscy — also behind Queen Park Social in South End — have invested roughly $1.8 million into that nearly 7,000-square-foot space.
El Thrifty is in the soft-opening phase; expect a limited menu and hours until later this month.
It is the first full-service restaurant to debut at that $60 million project. Optimist Hall sits on a 11.9-acre parcel at 1115 N. Brevard St.
“This is a game-changing development — unlike anything else in Charlotte,” Lariscy said. He notes the proximity to the light-rail line and ongoing residential development.
Expect El Thrifty to deliver a cantina-style dining experience with authentic Mexican cuisine. Chef Sean Appleby is behind the menu.
Read the full story and check out photos of the establishment here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Gaston County assistant principal under $1M bond accused of having sex with student
- Abandoned car caused deadly tractor-trailer crash on I-485, troopers say
- Uber driver carjacked by passenger in south Charlotte, police say
- OUTBREAK: Legionnaires' disease cases confirmed across NC, including local counties
- Charlotte mother wants change after she says son ran from daycare into parking lot
© 2019 Cox Media Group.