CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say an Uber Driver was carjacked by a passenger while driving in south Charlotte Wednesday night.
The driver was on East Barden Road in the Old Salem neighborhood when the suspect carjacked her.
Just after 9:30 p.m. near the South Park Mall, the passenger pulled out a gun and pointed it at the female Uber driver.
He took her phone, keys and wallet and then, took off in her 2017 Chrysler 300.
Channel 9 reached out to Uber, and they told us they are offering the driver and local law enforcement their full support.
"This type of behavior is completely unacceptable, and we have removed the rider's access to the app. We have reached out ot the driver to offer our support and stand ready to work with law enforcement on their investigation."
- Lyft driver carjacked at gunpoint in north Charlotte, police say
- Lyft responds to claims of employees snooping on riders
- Lyft driver robbed, shot at apartment complex
- 'They took everything away from me:' family of slain Uber driver faces accused in court
- Friends, family to say goodbye to slain Charlotte Uber driver
- Men charged in case of slain Uber driver extradited to Charlotte
- North Carolina man accused in assault on Uber driver
Uber also said it has a law enforcement team that assists police with investigations and last year, the company launched an emergency button in the driver app which connects drivers directly with 911.
Channel 9 did reach out to the driver, but her family said she was too shaken up to share her story.
The police report did not include a description of the suspect.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- I-85 reopens after person struck, killed in north Charlotte crash, officials say
- Man shot to death at busy south Charlotte shopping center identified, officials say
- Wingate makes changes after students complain about ‘nasty' meals
- Teenager accused of stabbing 13-year-old jogger on Weddington trail released from jail
- FORECAST: Last day of high heat Friday, cooler temps in sight
© 2019 Cox Media Group.