CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Construction on a creative office-and-retail project in South End will start this week. Charlotte-based Vision Ventures plans a four-story, 90,000-square-foot building as well as a smaller building at 2100 S. Tryon St. It will be called 2100 Trymont — a nod to its location at the corner of Tryon Street and Tremont Avenue.
The developer has owned the 3-acre parcel for more than a decade.
“We just felt like it was time to develop it,” says Paul Picarazzi, principal at Vision Ventures. “Tremont has really become the heart and soul of South End.”
The main building will have 75,000 square feet of creative office space and feature exposed mechanics, beams and brick as well as lots of glass. There also will be 15,000 square feet of first-floor retail.
“We wanted to do something unique. Something that really fits in,” Picarazzi says.
Check out renderings and read more about plans here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman sexually assaulted, stabbed outside southwest Charlotte apartment
- ‘He was the best': Family mourns loss of man killed in crash involving Catawba Co. deputy
- In 6 states, you can sue your marriage's homewrecker
- FORECAST: Lovely, dry and sunny skies in store for Valentine's Day
- Processing Error: Family charged $1,800 for pizza from Domino's
© 2019 Cox Media Group.