CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Duke Energy Corp. put out its 13th Annual Sustainability Report this spring, promoting $1.6 billion in clean energy bonds, new efforts to cut water consumed in power production and progress in reducing carbon emissions.
“Duke Energy has been leading the charge to a cleaner energy future,” Chief Executive Officer Lynn Good exulted in the report’s Message from the CEO. “We’re looking at ways to accelerate the move to cleaner energy because we know it’s right for our customers, our communities and society at large.”
One week later, the Environmental Working Group put out a report titled Public Energy Enemy No. 1. That report, the group says, explains “why Duke, America’s biggest electric utility, is also the worst for the environment.”
So, is Duke an environmental hero or villain?
Click here for the full story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Dayton, Ohio, shooting: Suspect and 9 others dead, 26 wounded in city's Oregon District
- At least 20 dead, more than two dozen injured in El Paso Walmart mass shooting
- Man killed by officer during domestic dispute inside home identified
- Missing NC 4-year-old found in Texas with human traffickers
- FORECAST: Rain, storms continue through Sunday as temps cool down
© 2019 Cox Media Group.