DURHAM, N.C. - A jilted North Carolina husband is getting a multimillion-dollar payday from the man he says ruined his marriage.
BMX stunt show owner Keith King filed a civil complaint citing an obscure law against Francisco Huizar, the man with whom King’s wife had an affair.
King said he found out about the cheating in 2015 after seeing phone records.
He had to prove that he was in a happy marriage and that his marriage was destroyed by Huizar.
The judge in Durham ruled in his favor and ordered Huizar to pay more than $8.8 million.
“What I've endured, I've compared it to a nuclear bomb going on around my surroundings,” King said.
The law, known as “Alienation of Affection,” exists in six states, including North Carolina.
Huizar said he plans on appealing the judge’s decision.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD searching for suspect in multiple breaking, entering cases
- Monroe man shot, killed after argument, police say
- CMS middle school teacher accused of sex acts with student to appear in court Monday
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Sunday forecast outlook
- Owners retrieve cooler with metal pot which caused SouthPark Mall evacuation
© 2019 Cox Media Group.