CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Officials with Charlotte Water said two outbound lanes on East Independence Boulevard were shut down for hours Tuesday after a large water main break.
Officials said the lanes were expected to be closed for at least eight to 10 hours near Margaret Wallace Road.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom flew over the scene and saw puddles along the street and in nearby business parking lots.
We could also see traffic backed up for miles during the heart of rush hour.
As of 8 a.m. Wednesday, two outbound lanes of Independence Boulevard were closed.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man shot, killed moments after walking out of south Charlotte restaurant
- Parents warn of underage drinking dangers after daughter's death
- Security company closes after guard fires 16 shots during bank robbery
- FORECAST: Heat arrives as temps set to climb close to 90 degrees
- Traffic delays after pedestrian hit, killed along I-85 in west Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.