CHARLOTTE, N.C. - In the past few days, you've probably been asked to buy cookies because it was National Girl Scouts Cookie Weekend, but one Charlotte girl took her cookie campaign to the next level.
Ten-year-old Kendall Ellis wrote an original song with her vocal coach, got some friends together and filmed a promotion video, which now has almost 8,000 views on Instagram.
The Girl Scouts organization said selling cookies is more than earning another badge. The small business training program empowers the next generation of female entrepreneurs.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man, teen killed in shooting at home near south Charlotte country club
- Woman reports sex assault after suspect poses as Uber driver, sources say
- 9 Investigates: Vaccination rates in Charlotte area elementary schools
- FORECAST: Sunny, dry start to work week after days and days of rain
- Unclaimed $1.5B jackpot mystery: Winner died? Ticket lost?
© 2019 Cox Media Group.