MOORESVILLE, N.C. - Lowe’s Cos. Inc. will hire 2,000 software engineers and open a new direct-fulfillment center out West as CEO Marvin Ellison sets out to make the Mooresville-based home improvement chain more efficient, boost sales in stores and return to preeminence in serving pro customers.
Ellison says it’s the team’s idea to transform Lowe’s into a “best-in-class” retailer.
Those 2,000 software engineers will allow Lowe’s to switch to company-written software from the past practice of buying “off-the-shelf” software and customizing it.
The plans to build a second direct fulfillment center come after Ellison and company last week dedicated a new, $150 million center in Tennessee that will eventually cover 75% of the country for two-day deliveries. The new fulfillment center out West will fill in the remaining 25% of the country with the promise of two-day delivery for items ordered online.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Asheville prepping for possible marijuana sales
- Tracking device used to catch man stealing mail from south Charlotte homes
- Amid fraud probe, an election redo might require new primary for 9th District
- FORECAST: Wet weather, but not snow, on the way ahead of weekend warm-up
- Police seize 57 pounds of marijuana at Charlotte-Douglas International
© 2019 Cox Media Group.