MOORESVILLE, N.C. - “American Idol” alum Shannon O'Hara put on her first concert in Mooresville since the competition show's finale.
She said she just recorded two songs.
"It's been a crazy whirlwind of a year," O’Hara said.
O’Hara finished in the top 24 contestants last season and said the experience was like a dream.
"The vocal coaches, the pianists, the band, everybody was really awesome to me so I loved it," she said.
Now she is working on her first album.
"It's lined up,” O’Hara said. “Just getting the songs. Getting everything in place. Getting the money to produce it, because it's really not cheap to make a good record."
In the meantime, the teenager has focused again on life back in Mooresville with family and friends.
"My family has just really supported me ever since I've had a passion for it," she said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman fires shots while being chased by Charlotte police
- Baseball game brings community together after tragedy shakes town
- Hornets' Lamb takes children on shopping spree in Matthews
- Trials for suspects charged in 2015 stabbing death end in mistrials
- Luxury salon ready for SouthPark debut
© 2019 Cox Media Group.