CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A 31-year-old woman has died after a hit-and-run in March at a busy South End intersection, according to police.
Authorities said Jessica Morrell died Saturday from injuries that she suffered after she was hit while crossing South Tryon Street near Bland Street.
Witnesses told police that the driver ran a red light when he hit Morrell.
Police said the driver, Jeffrey Jay Laforce, didn’t stop after hitting her.
He was originally charged with felony hit-and-run but detectives have now obtained an arrest warrant charging him with involuntary manslaughter. Laforce was arrested Monday without incident.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Clash over middle-school sex assaults: Did they happen?
- Mother who missed her own prom finally goes with her son
- WATCH: NASCAR wreck at Talladega triggers massive 16-car crash
- Suspect in custody, man hospitalized after shooting in east Charlotte
- Kidnapped SC store clerk escapes from trunk; police search for suspect
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Monday forecast
© 2018 Cox Media Group.