CONCORD, N.C. - Concord police have arrested and charged two Central Cabarrus High School students after a school administrator reportedly found a firearm in their possession.
Jalen Dixon, 17, was charged with felony weapons on campus or other educational property and possession of a stolen firearm.
Police also charged 17-year-old Sieaira West with felony weapons on campus or other educational property.
Officials said a school administrator found the gun in West's backpack.
Police said an investigation revealed Dixon brought the gun on the school's campus and later gave it to West.
It was also determined that the gun was reported stolen.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'He had a heart of gold': Loved ones gather to say final goodbyes to slain Butler High student
- Officials investigate multiple reports of illness after church BBQ in Cabarrus County
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- Warrant: Body of missing North Carolina man was possibly fed to hogs
- Police make drug bust after tracking package addressed to 'Grandma Stinky'
© 2018 Cox Media Group.