YORK COUNTY, S.C. - Authorities in York County said the boyfriend of a pregnant teenager who was found safe days after going missing has been charged in her disappearance.
Sixteen-year-old Madison "Maddie" Faith Knauff's boyfriend, 19-year-old Dustin Pope, was arrested Thursday and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and harboring a runaway from the Department of Juvenile Justice.
The York County Sheriff's Office released a missing persons report Wednesday for Knauff.
The sheriff tweeted Wednesday night that she was found safe.
Knauff was last seen June 15 at the Village Station Apartments on India Hook Road in Rock Hill before she was located.
Officials said Knauff is seven months pregnant and missed her doctor's appointment Tuesday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deputies: Woman spiked fiancée's soda with eye drops, inspired by movie
- 2 kids found dead inside burned home identified; search for mom's body continues
- Woman sues ex-girlfriend claiming she stole her winning lottery ticket
- FORECAST: Afternoon downpours likely as warm, muggy air settles in
- Former driver sues reality TV stars after alleged assault outside Charlotte nightclub
© 2019 Cox Media Group.