HICKORY, N.C. - Police have arrested a man accused of stabbing a woman three times at a McDonald’s restaurant Monday night in Hickory.
Officers said they believe the stabbing, which happened around 9 p.m. on Fairgrove Church Road, was the result of a domestic dispute, and that the suspect took off.
Arrest warrants were issued for 45-year-old Richard Lenoir Church III, who is facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
(Richard Church III)
Customers and employees gave the woman first aid until help arrived. Police say the woman is expected to be OK.
Officers are reviewing surveillance video from the McDonald's.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Desperate search underway for missing Rowan County man with dementia
- CMPD checkpoint location leads to fiery debate at City Council meeting
- 'It really touched my heart': NC boys stop to honor American flag
- FORECAST: Heavy downpours, gusty winds ahead of brief dry stretch
- Father says he recorded social worker proposing to clear case if they dated
© 2019 Cox Media Group.