INDIAN TRAIL, N.C. — Union County deputies are searching for two men behind a violent home invasion in Indian Trail.
The family let Channel 9 into their home on Less Traveled Trail Wednesday. The family only speaks Chinese, so the 10-year-old son translated for them.
The family said someone knocked on the door around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday and their 73-year-old grandfather answered. They said two men with a gun pistol-whipped him.
They said one of the men fired a gun in the living room.
An uncle who lives with the family was also badly beaten and the grandmother showed Channel 9 how the two men hit her and held her at gunpoint while one of the men ran upstairs and searched for valuables.
"I feel real sad. Why would someone do this?" the 10-year-old asked.
It’s not clear if any items were stolen before the suspects fled the scene, deputies said.
Investigators are trying to determine if the crime was random or if the victims were targeted.
Detectives are pursuing leads and looking for witnesses who might have information. Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 704-283-3789 or Union County Crimestoppers at 704-283-5600.
- Bullet strikes school bus during shootout in east Charlotte, police say
- Judge: NC teen accused of decapitating mom sent to hospital
- Disabled veteran not allowed to bring service dog to Pageland park
- FORECAST OUTLOOK: A gray and foggy start to the day
- Man accused of killing UNCC professor may learn if he'll face death penalty
- Robbers assault Indian Trail family, fire gun during home invasion
Cox Media Group