ASHEVILLE, N.C. — Asheville is known worldwide for being home to America’s largest privately-owned home. But while the Biltmore House isn’t for sale, another extravagant estate has hit the market, and it can be yours for $34 million.
Deerhaven Gardens Estate, built in 2010, is a 14,000-square-foot mansion about five miles from the city, ABC affiliate WLOS reported. It features private hiking trails, 50-mile views, an outdoor kitchen and entertainment area for 100, a Zen spa, and an infinity pool.
A spokesperson for the estate said the home comes fully furnished and is move-in ready.
The home itself includes:
- 6 Bedrooms, plus Bunk room for 4
- 6 Baths with fully heated floors
- 7 Half Baths
- 4 Laundry Rooms
- 3 Kitchens
- Outdoor natural gas emergency generator system supports the entire property
- Hibachi Grill for 8, overlooking the mountains and the outdoor entertainment center.
- His & her private offices
- 70′ screened-in patio
- 200′ Weiland disappearing doors
- Media room / bar
- Built-in 400-gallon saltwater aquarium
- Refrigerated wine cellar
- Private Zen spa including massage, separate pedicure and manicure stations, as well as a walk-in steam for 6
- Full glassed-in gym overlooking the disappearing edge pool and the outdoor entertainment area
- 400 sq. ft. game, yoga & exercise room
- Summer kitchen/outdoor bar entertainment area seating 50 that accommodates over 100 for charity events and parties
- Three-car air climate-controlled indoor garage. Additional outdoor parking for 20.
Marcus Katz, the current owner, said in a letter that he and his wife invested four years into building Deerhaven and are now searching for the “right family” to sell it to.
Outdoor features include:
- Award-winning landscaping, including numerous streams, waterfalls, and 1 mile of private hiking trails, that’s tended by a full-time team of three landscapers.
- Fire pit adjacent to the 30′ Waterfall
- 50 Infinity Edge Pool sits adjacent to the entertainment area and 2 of the 4 waterfalls
- Thousands of feet of hand-crafted stone adorn the gate, line the driveway, and surround the home and tennis court.
- World class Har-Tru tennis facility with viewing pavilion adjacent to the lower waterfall; NFL quality court lights.
- Automated irrigation system covering the entire property.
The owners’ asking price for the property is $34 million, but said the price can be negotiated.
©2023 Cox Media Group