ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. - A Florida man arrested in North Carolina Friday on drug trafficking charges had his mugshot go viral, though not for a reason the arresting agency was happy about.
Orlando Lopez, 43, was arrested Friday night along I-95 by Robeson County Deputy following a traffic stop. He was found to have 98 grams of cocaine and 35 grams of methamphetamine inside the vehicle.
He was booked on a variety of drug trafficking charges and was given a $250,000 bond.
However, on the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, the agency added some notes to the official details of the arrest. Specifically, they called out posters for making fun of the man’s head deformity, posting:
“Even though this individual has been charged for committing a crime, he is still someone’s child/family member. It is obvious that he has suffered some type of injury. Please refrain from making jokes/negative comments. Have a blessed day.”
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 5 teens arrested in SWAT standoff after attempted armed robbery, police say
- NFL player to pay for 11-year-old South Carolina shooting victim's funeral
- NC woman accused of trying to kill baby released from jail after judge reduces bond
- FORECAST: Warm temps, humidity previews hot week ahead for Charlotte region
- WATCH: Camper overturns on I-77 in Iredell County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.