DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. - Sisters Hailey and Hannah Hagor spent the weekend selling lemonade to pay off their classmates’ lunch debt.
Student lunch debt at Southwood Elementary in Davidson County is up to $3,100.
“There's one family that owes $800,” the girls’ mother, Erin Hager, said. “I don't know how many years worth that is, but it's a big deal."
The girls also sold chili, hot dogs and chips.
More than $40,000 is owed to schools across Davidson County.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officials: 3 rescued, 1 drowned after boat sinks on Catawba River
- Troopers: Driver who hit bus carrying preschoolers in Stanley Co. dies
- Police: South Carolina man hid $200K of stolen goods in network of tunnels
- FORECAST: Showers and mild temps before big heat wave rolls in
- South Carolina father shoots daughter he mistook as intruder
© 2019 Cox Media Group.