CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A spill was blocking lanes along Independence Boulevard in southeast Charlotte Thursday morning.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom flew over the area near Sharon Forest Drive, where it appeared chicken parts spilled across the road.
Maintenance crews with the North Carolina Department of Transportation were called to the scene to clean up the chicken byproducts.
Two outbound lanes on Independence were closed, and Sharon Forest Drive was also shut down.
Officials said drivers should use Wallace Road and Briardale Drive to access Sharon Forest Drive.
All of the lanes reopened around 4 p.m.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Lake Wylie woman pleads guilty to fatally poisoning husband with eye drops
- Man killed, 2 others injured in north Charlotte triple shooting
- Shooting outside Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Gastonia sends one to hospital
- FORECAST: Drying up around Charlotte while much colder air heads our way
- Worker dies in Raleigh trench collapse; 3 others make it out
© 2020 Cox Media Group