Police: 4 people charged in attack, robbery outside Concord Mills Mall

Trio accused in attack, robbery at Concord Mills Mall

CONCORD, N.C. — Police charged four people, including a juvenile, Friday who they said robbed someone at Concord Mills Mall earlier in January.

Officers were called to the robbery around 3 p.m. on January 5 in the parking lot of Concord Mills, outside the Burlington Coat Factory.

Content Continues Below

Chyna Cross, 18, was charged with one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. Myreon Bennett, 18, Jared Whitehead, 20, and a 16-year-old were charged with one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon.

(WSOC)

(Cross, Bennett, Whitehead)

An 18-year-old victim told officers three men stole cash from him after being punched and threatened with a handgun.

“It’s definitely concerning,” Mooresville resident Trish Myers said. “I come here to shop every once in a while, but I will definitely reconsider coming out to shop.”

During the investigation, police released surveillance images of the suspects wanted for the robbery.

(WSOC)

The victim was not seriously injured.

The armed robbery adds to security concerns after the shooting death of a 13-year-old girl on Dec. 28 in the mall parking lot, along with other incidents over the years.

“My brow has been raised,” shopper Earl Lewis said. “There’s a lot of stuff that’s been going on. Just have to keep vigilant. Look around your car when you get outside. It’s just the world that we live in right now.”

Cross’s bail was set at $125,000. Bennett and Whitehead’s bail was set at $50,000 each. The 16-year-old remains in detention.

Second suspect charged in shooting death of 13-year-old girl at Concord Mills

Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com: