CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Nearly one week after the tragedy at the University of North Carolina Charlotte, the legal process is pushing forward.
Channel 9 has obtained new indictments against the suspect shooter, Trystan A. Terrell.
(Trystan A. Terrell)
Monday, 16 members of a grand jury at the Mecklenburg County Courthouse indicted Terrell with two counts of murder, four counts of attempted murder, four counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, possession of a firearm on educational property, and discharging a firearm on educational property.
Watch the video above as Eyewitness News anchor Liz Foster breaks down the new documents that show formal charges against the alleged gunman.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man shoots granddaughter-in-law before taking his own life, police say
- 'Utterly devastated': Mooresville mourns officer shot, killed during traffic stop
- Police search for suspects after Myers Park home invasion leads to chase
- FORECAST: Dry conditions to kick-off workweek before humidity returns
- Man dead, woman injured in Rock Hill crash, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.