CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Two men are behind bars in connection with a murder outside a south Charlotte restaurant.
Gerardo Lagunes will face a judge on Wednesday.
Police said he and Juan Escalante were charged in the murder of Domingo Venancio-Tapia on Monday night.
Venancio-Tapia was shot and killed moments after walking out of the Lempira restaurant on South Boulevard, near Archdale Drive.
It's unclear how the pair knew the victim.
Escalante was arrested Tuesday night in southwest Charlotte after an 8-hour standoff with SWAT team members.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom flew over the scene on Coulee Place as police tried to serve a warrant for his arrest. Dozens of officers could be seen lining the street around 4 p.m.
Police set up a perimeter and negotiators tried to make contact with Escalante.
Around 11 p.m., Escalante was taken into custody without incident.
Both suspects have been charged with murder.
Check back for updates on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Troopers: Man running across I-85 in west Charlotte hit, killed by car
- Police: Cash, drugs found on plane stolen out of Rowan County after deadly crash
- Driver swings tree branch at officers following chase into Mount Holly, police say
- Parents warn of underage drinking dangers after daughter's death
- Security company closes after guard fires 16 shots during bank robbery
- FORECAST: Heat arrives as temps set to climb close to 90 degrees
© 2019 Cox Media Group.