CHARLOTTE, N - Got a long airport layover? How about a cancelled flight? A new business inside Charlotte Douglas International Airport caters to travelers who want a private place to rest.
Minute Suites held its Charlotte grand opening Tuesday.
There are six suites with a daybed sofa, TV, and even an Alexa. The bathroom features a shower.
Travelers can book rooms by the hour or overnight.
Charlotte airport officials say it’s a great space for travelers who may be stuck in severe weather.
“We know in the summer we get a lot of late afternoon thunderstorms. We do have a lot of delays. This gives passengers an option to find a private space,” Aviation Director Brent Cagle explained.
“From a customer experience standpoint, from a revenue standpoint, it’s a win, win,” offered Paradies Lagardere President Gregg Paradies.
Charlotte is now one of four airports offering the service. The first one launched in Atlanta a few years ago.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FBI alert: Predator sending packages to girls at their schools
- Volunteers carry NC WWII veteran who couldn't walk to wife's grave
- Suspect says kidnapping, shooting was over nude texts of wife
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Good Samaritan hopes to meet boy he saved from drowning at SC resort
© 2019 Cox Media Group.