ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — Highway Patrol troopers are trying to figure out why a woman was distracted moments before she crashed into a truck Thursday morning in Rowan County.
That woman died in the crash, which happened around 8:30 a.m. on Sherrills Ford Road, just west of Salisbury.
Troopers told Channel 9 that the woman swerved off the road and over-corrected before hitting the truck.
The truck driver was taken to the hospital but will be OK, officials said.
Troopers have not released the woman's name.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 6 hurt after explosion, 4-alarm fire at north Charlotte trucking company
- Man escapes as house goes up in flames in south Charlotte
- Police: Intoxicated driver hits, kills bike shop owner in Mooresville
- Troopers investigating deadly crash in Rowan County
- Belmont councilman doesn't want Whitewater Center water in the Catawba River