CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The troubled Charlotte School of Law has named a new interim dean.
Paul Meggett first joined the school in 2011 and is moving into the leadership role.
The previous interim dean, Scott Broyles, resigned in April.
The school has struggled since the American Bar Association placed it on probation last year after ABA officials said the school wasn't preparing students to become lawyers.
The Department of Education then temporarily put student aid on hold, causing several students to leave.
Charlotte School of Law has been making several changes ever since.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police hunt for killer after 2 men shot to death at Charlotte apartments
- McDonald's evacuated after man with heroin passes out in bathroom
- Man found shot to death inside car in east Charlotte neighborhood
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Gunman kidnaps NC family, forces them to shop at Durham Target
- WATCH: $5,000 reward offered in slaying of college baseball player
Cox Media Group