UNION COUNTY, N.C. — Police confirmed to Channel 9 they arrested a Union County school psychologist for assaulting a student.
Dayle Rust turned himself in on simple assault charges.
Officers were called to Monroe Middle School on Thursday after a 14-year-old said he was assaulted.
The boy's parents said the assault left their son with bruising on his back and hip.
The father, Bunyon Tyson, got a call Thursday morning from the school resource officer telling him to come to the school about his seventh-grade son.
“I'm thinking at that point that my son was misbehaving or something,” Tyson said.
He said the officer told him she saw Rust put his hands on Tyson's son coming out of a classroom before the school allegedly called the police on rust
The Union County School District told Channel 9 it cannot discuss the circumstances since it's a personnel matter.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deadly crash shuts down Highway 150 in Lincoln County
- Pregnant woman beaten at west Charlotte bus stop
- Woman killed after car crashes into tree in Union Co identified
- Union Co. school psychologist accused of assaulting student
- Firefighters suspended for rushing girl to hospital in truck
Cox Media Group