HENDERSON COUNTY, N.C. - Vandals targeted a church and two businesses in Henderson County over the weekend with obscenities aimed at the late Rev. Billy Graham.
Members of Upward Baptist Church spent the morning removing the messages that were spray-painted on the building and church sign.
The vandals also hit two neighboring businesses.
The church's pastor, Wilburn Lefler, said he is praying for the suspects and the community.
"Show people that there's still a lot of godly people in this town that love the Lord and serve the Lord," he said.
If caught, the suspects will face charges of misdemeanor graffiti vandalism.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police say Union County bus driver threatened to shoot up middle school
- Police think alcohol played role in violent crash that left man dead
- Ex-NASCAR truck driver arrested on charge of attempted enticement of minor
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- 4 arrested, 13 guns seized from Epicenter parking deck, police say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.