As you make Memorial Day plans, our meteorologists are warning that the beaches along the North Carolina coast are dangerous right now.
Just this past weekend, four swimmers were pulled from rough waters off Emerald Isle.
Meteorologist John Ahrens spent years forecasting in Charleston and studying rip currents.
>> John is tracking the increasing threat in the video at the top of this page.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officials: 3 rescued, 1 drowned after boat sinks on Catawba River
- Troopers: Driver who hit bus carrying preschoolers in Stanley Co. dies
- Police: South Carolina man hid $200K of stolen goods in network of tunnels
- FORECAST: Showers and mild temps before big heat wave rolls in
- South Carolina father shoots daughter he mistook as intruder
© 2019 Cox Media Group.