CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are searching for a gunman who fired shots into traffic while hanging out of a moving car.
A surveillance camera captured video of the shooting that happened at about noon on Wednesday on Albemarle Road in east Charlotte. You can watch it in the video below.
The video shows Naronnie Truesdale, 21, hang out of a back passenger window pull out of a driveway while shooting into traffic.
Truesdale and two other suspects were seen getting into the vehicle prior to the shooting.
A car that was also seen in the video was struck by bullets at least twice, police said.
Carlsea Jordan and Ronnie Truesdale are in police custody.
“You just have to hope, I mean, you can't live your life in fear,” said Don Lewis, who frequently drives on Albemarle Road. “You just have to hope that it doesn't happen to you.”
Police located the suspects’ vehicle.
If you have any information, call the police.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mom arrested months after 3-year-old falls to his death at Charlotte airport
- Students want UNCC to fire security head due to past work at Guantanamo Bay
- School admits to letting 14-year-old girl leave with unapproved family member
- FORECAST: Clouds move in across region ahead of weekend showers
- Independence HS on lockdown due to police activity in area
© 2019 Cox Media Group.