CHARLOTTE, N.C. - It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, which recently landed among the top 10 airports for on-time holiday travel.
CLT comes in at No. 9 on the ranking by Magnify Money, a website run by Charlotte-based LendingTree Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE).
The Magnify Money ranking looked at the 10-year average percentage of flights departing the 50 busiest airports that arrived at their destination on-time, based on data from the U.S. Department of Transportation, as well as the 10-year average percentage of flights that were canceled.
Among major connecting hubs, the report notes Charlotte Douglas, home to American Airlines Group Inc.’s second-largest hub, fared the best with 75.7% of flights reaching their destination on time over the December holidays.
Check out the top 10 and read more here about what to expect if you’re flying out of CLT in the coming weeks.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Chris Watts, who killed daughters and pregnant wife, receiving love letters from women admirers
- 'SouthPark Susan' to face judge months after harassment caught on video
- New testing begins after chemical linked to thyroid issues found in water at Lake Norman HS
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Wednesday forecast outlook
- CMPD IDs suspect involved in armed robbery, high-speed police chase
© 2019 Cox Media Group.