Charlotte Latin School placed more students at three elite colleges — Harvard University, Princeton University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology — during a four-year span than any other high school in the area, according to a new ranking by PolarisList.
Six students from Charlotte Latin graduated from Harvard, Princeton or MIT between 2015-18, according to research from PolarisList. That ranked it fifth of all North Carolina high schools.
Of those six students at the private high school in Charlotte, three went to Harvard and another three attended Princeton.
PolarisList said it compiled the national ranking with one objective in mind: how many students from a high school matriculate at top colleges. It reported on college matriculation, rather than admissions, to avoid skewed results that could occur if a student is accepted into multiple schools. And it chose to track Harvard, Princeton and MIT due to the colleges’ selectivity of applicants and their accessibility to lower-income students.
Read the full story here for a list of local high schools that had at least two students enrolled at Harvard, Princeton or MIT between 2015-18.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Truck driver charged in crash that killed three construction workers on I-40 in Iredell County
- Search for missing Tennessee toddler at NC pond proves ‘inconclusive’
- Man who hit, dragged dirt biker who lost leg will spend 8 years behind bars
- Guests stop NC paratrooper who attacked elderly bed & breakfast owners
- Local convicted felon released early under First Step Act back behind bars
© 2021 © 2020 Cox Media Group