TAYLORSVILLE, N.C. - A North Carolina fire marshal said a large fire destroyed a chicken house and killed 11,000 birds.
News sources report Alexander County Fire Marshal Russell Greene said the fire on Thursday morning caused an estimated $300,000 in damages. Investigators said the fire was accidental and probably electrical, but an exact cause has not been determined.
Firefighters managed to save a nearby chicken house, limiting damage and saving the chickens inside.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Dramatic body camera video captures SC deputy saving baby's life
- 'I blacked out': Subway worker says customer punched her in mouth
- Amtrak train collides with tow truck hauling car off tracks in University City
- Charlotte bar sued for unauthorized performance of 'Wonderwall'
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms likely; Barry could become hurricane
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.