GREENVILLE, S.C. - Authorities say a man lied to police about a woman's death and burned her remains, which were found at his South Carolina home.
Greenville County Sheriff's Sgt. Ryan Flood said deputies are still investigating how Stacy Carmack died and more charges are possible against 60-year-old Charles Dogan.
Flood says deputies found the burned remains at Dogan's Piedmont home Friday. Tests are still being performed to determine when and how Carmack died. She was last seen May 29.
Flood said in a statement Dogan was charged Monday with desecration of human remains, criminal conspiracy and obstruction of justice for lying to police.
Flood says Dogan's brother Tony Dogan is charged with criminal conspiracy and obstruction of justice. He has not been found.
It wasn't known if Charles Dogan had a lawyer.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Prominent local eye doctor settles with accuser after sexual harassment lawsuits
- Deputies: SC man burned remains of missing woman, lied to cops
- Police charge man after deadly shooting outside Albemarle VFW
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Charlotte approves $200 million Amazon distribution center
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.