FLORENCE, S.C. - Authorities in South Carolina say a scantily clad woman shut down a regional airport for hours, resulting in flight cancellations.
Maj. Mike Nunn with the Florence County Sheriff's Office says the woman was spotted on the grounds of the Florence Regional Airport on Sunday. Nunn says she ran through the tarmac and into a nearby wooded area. Dogs with the sheriff's canine unit found her in a storm ditch.
Airport public safety officer Lee Marsh says she was only wearing underwear. He says the airport was closed for more than 2 hours during the search. An American Airlines flight from Charlotte was sent back and canceled, along with a flight headed to Charlotte.
Nunn says the woman was taken to a hospital for evaluation, and isn't expected to be charged.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Sad to see this happen': Massive flames gut Statesville church
- Homeowner: Mooresville Airbnb guest shot confronting break-in suspects
- 9 investigates: Tainted gasoline complaints on the rise across NC
- FORECAST: Damp and dreary start to the work week
- Trial set to begin for man accused of murder during 2016 Charlotte riots
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.