CHARLOTTE, N.C. - For the fifth year, Santa Cam's surprise sleigh cruised through the Queen City delivering more than $100,000 in gifts and donations to children and families in need through the Cam Newton Foundation.
At Shamrock Gardens Elementary School, the Carolina Panthers quarterback surprised first and second graders with bikes, helmets and locks.
Newton also visited Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina to meet with students from Greeleyville Elementary, which is located in a rural part of South Carolina that was impacted by the recent hurricanes. The kids received backpacks, toboggans and gloves, and Newton presented Second Harvest with a $10,000 Conn's gift card.
The Santa Cam surprise sleigh also visited Urban Ministry Center, Bethlehem Center and Camino Community Center where Newton presented representatives from each organization with a $15,000 donation and $5,000 Conn's gift card.
Check out the video above to see sports anchor Phil Orban ride along with Santa Cam as he lifts the spirits of hundreds of local students.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Select CMS schools closed Tuesday after winter storm, others delayed
- ‘Nothing but scorn for humanity': Newly released writings show evolution of Sandy Hook shooter
- Masked man invades Stanly County home, flees
- TRACKING: Icy roads present morning hazard before slight warm-up
- SC woman pleads guilty to assaulting black teen at pool
© 2019 Cox Media Group.