If you’re looking at a new 2023 Toyota Camry to put in the driveway, you’ve got lots of options in front of you. And regardless of what you’re looking for, you’ll likely find it - even if it’s something super-sporty and stylish. Two of the models that get the most attention in that arena are the 2023 Toyota Camry SE and Toyota Camry Nightshade. But how are they different, and which is best for your drive time needs? Toyota of N Charlotte is here to explain the differences between the two.
2023 Toyota Camry SE vs Toyota Camry Nightshade: What sets them apart from each other
First things first - the SE is a permanent model in the Camry lineup (for now, at least) while the NIghtshade is a special edition model. The SE is a trim-level that is sportier than the other models in the lineup (like the LE, XLE, etc.). The Nightshade special edition comes around every now and then but isn’t guaranteed every single model year.
So how do the 2023 Toyota Camry SE and Camry Nightshade compare? Let’s start with the Nightshade Edition. Here are some of the highlights:
- It has a black front grille with sport mesh, as well as black mirror caps and black window trim.
- It also showcases a black rear spoiler, black exterior badging, and black-trimmed headlights and taillights.
- The 2023 Toyota Camry Nightshade Edition boasts 19” bronze aluminum alloy wheels.
- It comes in three paint colors - Midnight Black, Reservoir Blue, and White.
One more thing to keep in mind - this special edition Toyota only comes in the SE model, and it’s available in front-wheel drive, all-wheel drive, and hybrid iterations.
In essence, the 2023 Toyota Camry Nightshade Edition ups the ante in terms of appearance on the SE model. It has blacked out features and accessories and special bronze wheels for an edgier, more aggressive look and only comes in three special paint colors. When it comes to performance and technology, all of the features are the same. The differences lie in the aesthetics.
How are the 2023 Toyota Camry SE and Toyota Camry Nightshade similar?
Even though the 2023 Toyota Camry SE and Toyota Camry Nightshade are technically different models, they do share a lot of similarities. Here are some of the cool features you can expect regardless of which one you buy:
- Three driving modes and a 3-mode switch for Eco, Normal, and Sport
- Dynamic radar cruise control
- An electric parking brake
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.5 and Safety Connect Services
- The Toyota Star Safety System
- A 7” multi-information display screen
- A 7” touchscreen audio system with Amazon Alexa, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and more
- The Smart Key System with a push button start
- Bi-LED combo headlights and LED daytime running lights
- Sport side rocker panels
- Dual chrome-tipped exhaust
- A sport SofTex trimmed interior with an 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- A leather-trimmed steering wheel with optional paddle shifters, audio buttons, voice command, and Bluetooth controls
Are you ready to put either of these N Charlotte Toyotas in your driveway? Call us today - Toyota of N Charlotte is open seven days a week at (704) 875-9199 and we’re conveniently located just off I-77 at exit 23 in Huntersville. Visit us at 13429 Statesville Road!
©2022 Cox Media Group